
I'm in at Indiana University, in Bloomington, for Counseling Psychology. The program there is 5 years, but with my MA I could probably do it in 4. I could also do a minor in sexuality via the Kinsey Institute, and even take one elective in Japanese.
Bloomington seems like a really nice area as well. I'm currently also on the waitlist at Arkansas and BYU. The plan now is to wait and see for the next little while. I have to decide for sure by April 15th, but it may happen sooner. The other 7 programs were all rejections. :)
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for BYU, but we'll take what we get!
ReplyDeleteWell, the friend of mine who is in at byu just got accepted to USU, so hopefully he decides on the latter! Keep them crossed! :)
ReplyDeleteIU, though it is far away, will likely give you the better of the expereinces possible. It would be tough in some ways to be in Provo for 4+ years. I could not do it but you are a better man than me. How many years did Steve Cleveland last there before he had to get out?
ReplyDeleteWhat's so bad about Provo? Beautiful area, lots of canyons nearby, Bridal Veil falls, Sundance, Aspen Grove, hiking/running trails, TWO dollar theaters to choose from (can't beat that!), plenty of people that will be your same age and situation (so lots of good friends potential), temple, plenty of affordable housing, etc. etc. Is it all those Mormons that are scaring you off? I promise, they're harmless. :) But that couldn't be it, because you're from Davis County. Is it that it's a college town? I could see if you were old that could possibly bug you, but you are in college too- which means everything around is catered toward your situation. PLus, BYU is an excellent school with a good reputation at a fraction of the cost of some other schools. Oh, but I'm sure IU would be cool too. :)
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I just felt the need to defend my precious BYU. But I wanted to also say that, having grown up in Kentucky, I've been to Indiana many times. That whole area of the country is also beautiful...extremely green and they have fireflies and humidity, really great thunderstorms in the Spring, a million trees that make your Autumns amazing and I'm sure some good experiences and courses that wouldn't be the same at BYU. I don't envy your decision. (But, how nice of those other schools to narrow down your choices so nicely for you;)
ReplyDelete