Monday, January 26

UARK on an icy day


2nd interview was today. Actually it was more like a series of 5 conversations, which was pretty low-key. The prof was nice, and from talking to some other students, sounds great to work with. The down side is due to my low GRE writing score, I am not eligible for the 30k stipend, despite having my GPA and GRE scores WAY WAY above the cutoff. Apparently the Dean thinks the writing scores are important, UNLIKE ANY ADVICE I HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN GIVEN (which basically was, the writing score doesn't matter much). So let that be a lesson to us all: When WallyWorld is involved, you never know what you're gonna get.

Oh yeah, and there is a huge ice storm. Really. It rains ice here. We're getting an inch tonight, and I had to change a flight. In the first photo (the second is the psych/landscape architecture building--really, they combine the two in the same building), the truck is driving in the grooves because he can't control himself otherwise. People here don't know what they're doing with the slippery roads. On the way home people were sliding all over the place. I even nearly slammed into the side of a semi. Hah, maybe I'm not much of a driver either.

Oh yeah, number 2: Hertz wants to charge me $100 to knock a day off my car rental reservation. Wow.

4 comments:

  1. so maybe your wife shouldn't read that part about slamming into a semi. yikes.
    ps psych and lanscaping? really? interesting. good luck buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm yeah I don't know what I would do with that. Maybe they just didn't have room for the landscape department anywhere else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all goes well! We wish the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! from the class, travel safely.

    ReplyDelete