...via tagging. What are friends for? Thanks Tara. :)
- Lost
- Arrested Development
- The X-Files
- The Office
- Bones
- West Wing
- Burn Notice
- The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. (duh)
- CoCo Ichiban! (Japanese Curry - Japan & Hawaii)
- Gyukaku (Yakiniku - Japan, Hawaii, and ?)
- Noodles & Company
- Fresco Italian Cafe (in SLC)
- Panda Express (seriously, as long as the orange chicken is not more than 3 days old)
- The Mandarin (in Bountiful, UT)
- Mendocino Café (NorCal)
- MacDo Breakfast. I love bacon egg and cheese biscuits. Even after Supersize Me.
- Commented online about gay marriage, abortion, and whether or not Hugh Hefner is a polygamist.
- Took LG to the park.
- Read about Psychiatric interviews and Mental Status Exams, and hopefully this time I can remember the difference between affect and mood.
- Practiced facial recognition of emotion with a nifty online training.
- Played basketball for work, and got hot flashes afterwards.
- Watched LG cry (with some really big tears) when his attachment behavioral system was activated this morning, to the extent that I started crying myself.
- Laundry.
- Practiced the piano for the December choir performance.
- The John Gottman training in San Francisco in November.
- Being done with my doctoral applications.
- The EFT training in San Diego in January.
- Winter break.
- The end of the Bush administration.
- The theatrical version of The Road.
- Going to Brasil next month!
- My next date with Nat.
- A Blu-Ray player, as soon as they drop below $2 billion each.
- An iPhone, 16 gig.
- Better emotional regulation.
- Better teaching skills.
- Better computer hacking skills?
- A Ph.D., a job at a friendly university, and a small private practice.
- This bike.
- A friendly, roomy place for Keiko the dog to frolic.
FYI Blu Ray players are expected to drop below $150 on Black Friday (Friday after Thanksgiving) according to the Wall Street Journal yesterday. I am not sure if that is less than $2 billion to you but sounds like a pretty good deal. In addition, I would like to point out that this is the first post of yours I felt like I knew enough about to post something on. What does that say about me?
ReplyDeleteI like it.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the difference between affect and mood- if I had to guess I'd say that affect has to do more with physical appearance while mood has to do with emotional status.
My Mister and I were listening to a radio program, and the host was talking about blu Ray players, and that indeed the no-name ones will be very inexpensive on Black Friday, but that we'll see sales on the name brand ones in the weeks following that.
Matt, I think that says more about my propensity for being dense! :) That is good to here about the Blu-Ray players; I could do $150, especially if the major brands start dropping to that level.
ReplyDeleteAllie, you're on the right track. Mood is the emotion, that "colors the person's perception of the world" (e.g. depressed, irritable, euphoric, perplexed). Affect is the person's emotional responsiveness, and is described as normal, constricted, blunted, or flat. Flat being the most extreme, with "virtually no signs of affective expression." It's interesting to watch people when their mood and affect are not congruent.
One wish is emerging toward fruition as Keiko the dog is having lots of walks around the block and hiking in the hills with Bruce.
ReplyDeleteBTW, what does Blu Ray do over the standard DVD players? Don't you have to get a very large plasma screen to notice a difference in image quality?
That is great to hear about Keiko! I'm glad that Bruce is there to take her on walks. I'm sure she loves it!
ReplyDeleteRe: Blu-Ray, you do need a Hi-Def TV of some form. We have an Vizio LCD TV, which is Hi-Def, although not the absolute best, it has a much better picture than standard def. So Blu-Ray would work for us. On top of that, the sound is a lot better, and the discs themselves are a lot more durable. Plus Blu-Ray players will play all your regular DVDs, but spin them faster and thus produce a slightly better picture. All in all, it's not worth a huge price tag, but when they come down it will be, I think. Plus I imagine that eventually Apple will switch to Blu-Ray drives in their laptops. Right now though I've heard that they drain the battery too fast.
All that fun stuff you're studying makes me want to go back to school. Plus, San Francisco, Brazil, San Diego (not to mention Hawaii last year). . . another reason to go to school: exotic workshop locales!
ReplyDeleteThis 7th comment is a place holder and nothing more.
ReplyDeleteThe eighth comment appropriately is a question about your fixation with 8 on this post. Consider eight from a Buddhist light...The Eightfold Path is used as an instrument of discovery to gradually generate insights unveiling the ultimate truth of things. It is a technique used to eradicate greed, hatred and delusion. The last of the four noble truths is the Noble Eightfold Path, while the first factor of the Noble Eightfold Path is the understanding of the Four Noble Truths. In all of the elements of the noble eightfold path, the word "Right" is a translation of the word samyañc (Sanskrit) or sammā (Pāli), which denotes completion, togetherness, and coherence, and which can also carry the sense of "perfect" or "ideal". In Buddhist symbolism, the Noble Eightfold Path is often represented by means of the dharma wheel, whose eight spokes represent the eight elements of the path.
ReplyDeleteHmm. Interesting!
ReplyDeleteI don't know who started the '8' but in Hebrew it is a symbol of resurrection or rebirth.
But this is the ninth comment, which is symbolic of judgment or finality. Hmm.