LG hasn't seen a single episode of Sesame Street, but he knows who Elmo is. Last week he started saying "Ahmo Ahmo" to a talking Elmo toy we borrowed from a friend. Today at the grocery store with N he saw a big Elmo balloon and immediately recognized it.What exactly is Elmo's draw? Does that little kiddy voice entrance our young? The big bulgy eyes?
LG's words, in order that he started using them: ngheee, no, owl, mama, dada, ahmo, & ball. If there were ASL for Elmo I'm sure he'd know that too. I may have come after mama, but I'm counting my blessings that I at least came before Ahmo.
Somewhere in there is also "hi, bye-bye, nigh-nigh (night night), and nanna (banana, of course)....I think Elmo is my current favorite!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I forgot those! Elmo is pretty cute.
ReplyDeleteI have to wonder where he saw and heard Elmo if not on Sesame Street. It is amazing that he would pick it up so quickly withou regular exposure.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how fast their vocabulary grows at this age. CP has started saying A & J (their full names of course).
ReplyDeleteHe calls all animals "sasa" (Taja).
i will officially take credit for that word being added to your son's vocabulary. i pulled up your blog, saw the picture, and thought, "hey i recognize that." go elmo! way to brainwash yet another young, innocent mind that has no idea who you are!
ReplyDeleteAdam, there's only one way to get above "mama", of course you need to do this discretely and not let mom know. Give baby little spoonfuls of ice cream while repeating over and over, "dada, dada, dada". It should work like a charm :). Timing is everything though, especially if mom is a stay at home mom. For faster results, stay away from the cheapy ice cream, go for Haagan Daaz, Baskins or soemthing, LOL.
ReplyDeleteIn our family, you'd think bampa (grandpa) would be the first word, with all the ice cream he feeds the babies. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha tara, it's your fault! :) He loves that toy. Especially putting it in the boat.
ReplyDeleteHappy/Allie - he knows the sign for grandpa, so it shouldn't be long once we visit again!
Allie -- They are already talking before I am allowed to dispense any ice cream or treats. I did note that LG was the recipient of ice cream from his father before CP was allowed
ReplyDeleteAll in all, I am happy with the relationship I have with my grandsons.
The other day I was sitting down on the couch with my little Brigg over my shoulder, trying to coax a burp out. Then, I heard him cooing and looked at his face...he was looking at something behind me with a huge smile on. I turned around to see a plastic Elmo piggy bank of Sam's staring him back in the face from the back of the couch. Elmo even gets the little 3 month olds.
ReplyDelete