I also have a confession to make. I’m addicted to ‘Lost’. It is riveting. I can’t turn away. My eyes are turning square. I wouldn’t suggest that anyone start from the current point (season 3), but if you ever have the means of seeing it on DVD and starting from the beginning, I highly recommend it. Unlike most entertainment Lost is suspenseful and funny and dramatic AND thought provoking. And I don’t mean the 'Grey’s Anatomy' type of thought provoking, as in “will she die, or will they sleep together?” I guess not everyone wants to think about philosophy while they’re watching TV, but I do. And N and I are watching it again tonight (she missed it last night). It’s always better when you have someone to join you in your addictions. Hey there’s some good advice. If an addiction to a TV show is hurting your relationship, don’t try to beat it, just get your partner to join you. : )
Thursday, March 22
It’s always better when we’re together
Yesterday was my wife’s baby shower (actually the first of three--I know, we’re spoiled). N said it was more like a dump truck than a shower, and she was right. It took me five or six trips to bring all the stuff home (during the commercials of 'Lost', of course--more on that later) from next door. I managed to show up for the last 45 minutes or so, despite the fact that my name wasn’t on the invitations. I decided that men normally get all the official recognition (ex. Mr. & Mrs. Husband’s name),
and women are just as capable and deserving of being in the forefront. Incidentally I also got to eat some cheesecake for the third time in a week, but we swears on the precious that wasn't the reason, preciousss. It’s only March but I think my saturated fat intake has now exceeded the yearly recommendation. I’m glad I went and got to see N being showered, er, dumped on, with love and attention, and gifts. It’s always fun to watch a sweet and humble person like her getting presents.
I also have a confession to make. I’m addicted to ‘Lost’. It is riveting. I can’t turn away. My eyes are turning square. I wouldn’t suggest that anyone start from the current point (season 3), but if you ever have the means of seeing it on DVD and starting from the beginning, I highly recommend it. Unlike most entertainment Lost is suspenseful and funny and dramatic AND thought provoking. And I don’t mean the 'Grey’s Anatomy' type of thought provoking, as in “will she die, or will they sleep together?” I guess not everyone wants to think about philosophy while they’re watching TV, but I do. And N and I are watching it again tonight (she missed it last night). It’s always better when you have someone to join you in your addictions. Hey there’s some good advice. If an addiction to a TV show is hurting your relationship, don’t try to beat it, just get your partner to join you. : )
I also have a confession to make. I’m addicted to ‘Lost’. It is riveting. I can’t turn away. My eyes are turning square. I wouldn’t suggest that anyone start from the current point (season 3), but if you ever have the means of seeing it on DVD and starting from the beginning, I highly recommend it. Unlike most entertainment Lost is suspenseful and funny and dramatic AND thought provoking. And I don’t mean the 'Grey’s Anatomy' type of thought provoking, as in “will she die, or will they sleep together?” I guess not everyone wants to think about philosophy while they’re watching TV, but I do. And N and I are watching it again tonight (she missed it last night). It’s always better when you have someone to join you in your addictions. Hey there’s some good advice. If an addiction to a TV show is hurting your relationship, don’t try to beat it, just get your partner to join you. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The baby shower/dump was lots of fun. I can hardly wait to see our little guys on the floor next to each other. Two babies, with only the personal effort of one!
ReplyDeleteIn utah, you can do family therapy with a Masters degree, just another thing for you to think about, although maybe a phd psych degree pays more (it's noble to want a job that helps people over paying well, but if you can help people and support your family comfortably, that's ideal).
I'm planning (someday...) to get my masters degree in social work and do family counseling.
As for Lost, we missed the first fifteen minutes or so yesterday, but what we saw was pretty good. We're addicted too.
I admit, I watched the last half last night and enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteC & I just finished Season 1 awhile back, maybe we should speed up the rotation in our queue a little. I like the show & I think C is fairly hooked on it too (the expression "Bad Robot!" works its way into our conversations a lot, along with "I Made This!" since we're also watching the early seasons of the X-Files). Our main complaint so far is only that the people are so beautiful and well-groomed, and the token fat guy never loses weight, though there was an episode in which they brought up those issues so at least the show can laugh at itself now and then.
ReplyDeleteAs per the show's little issues that you brought up, I like it as well when they laugh at themselves--like at the end of season one when the school teacher Mr. Arzt (the one who gets blown up by dynamite) complains that the rest of the regulars think they're the only people on the island. And Nat's favorite thing to point out is when one of the girls on the island all of a sudden has a new haircut of bangs or whatever.
ReplyDeleteIn addition to "Bad Robot!", I also like the one at the end of the show Firefly, which has a cartoon zombie walking across the screen saying "Grrrrh! Arrggh!"
ReplyDelete