After a few frustrating discussions (read: one-sided arguments) online recently, a friend of mine asked me why I even bother, if they are so frustrating. Why not just drop it? I thought he had a good point. So I started to wonder... why do I get into these things? It's certainly not pleasurable... then another friend said, "Adam, these conversations are your coffee." After a second of thought, I completely agreed. It's not about pleasure, but about stimulation. When I am intrigued, frustrated, excited, or etc. with controversial conversations, I am awake.
Also, being awake is a good thing when one is trying to finish up a degree.
Saturday, May 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I work a 3rd shift on Sunday nights and it's all about staying awake...
ReplyDeleteSometimes I decide to post a blog and the next day none of it makes much sense at all. Same goes for my comments on other people's posts during those hours. But I do read and comment on them to help exercise my mind.
Unlike you, I try to avoid the controversial discussions unless I'm very passionate about an opinion. But even then I try to avoid it. Same applies with my commenting (i.e. Bruce Springstein should be deprived of good oxygen, lol).
Happy, there will be no more references to wishing harm to the Boss. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are always welcome to comment, however. I always appreciate them.
Like I said, I only get outspoken when I'm really passionate about something (either pro or con)...
ReplyDelete