Tuesday, March 24

I'm really good at wasting money on nothing in particular.

Dang it. Dang it. Dang it.

I decided to drive four hours to fly out of a different airport, thinking it would be cheaper. Then a friend of mine got a ticket for only $50 more from the airport 10 minutes away.

I paid for parking in advance, $40 for 4 days. But apparently I parked in the wrong place, so in addition to the $40 I paid upfront, I had to pay $106 for the four days.

My plane got in later than I thought, and I had to get a hotel room for the night before driving home. That was $126.

In total, when I was expecting to save money, I paid about $250 more and came home 12 hours later. How lame is that?

Oh please oh please oh please don't let this be too much of a marital issue. :)

4 comments:

  1. hah, I thought you were going to plead for your readers to be nice on their comments...

    It stinks when we do painful (financial) things like that. Early last summer I replaced yet another weed whacker that stopped working. This time I decided to get the top of the line (Echo). I wondered how it could be 3x better than the cheapy ones since it cost that much more. Well, it was indeed that good, I loved that thing.

    We moved in August and I was taking things to donate and garage sale at a friend's. I thought maybe somebody with small engine experience could get my old Troy Built whacker running. I didn't care if they gave the thing away at the garage sale, and they did. I didn't realize until I got to the new place that I had given the Echo and kept the Troy Built.

    I'm still aching over that maneuver. It was about as painful as your loss...

    I know that doesn't make you feel better but we just have to let that stuff go, right? Focus on the smart things we did that actually paid off in great savings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when I do really dumb things, I feel so lousy about it that my Mister realizes he doesn't need to make me feel any worse, and actually tries to make me feel better.

    The upside to beating yourself up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, that does make me feel a little better, actually, so thanks for sharing it. I felt a little pained reading your comment, so we can relate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love financial mistakes...somehow mine have always involved crashing my car or speeding when not nice cops are the ones on duty when i was 17-18 though. no worries. i'm sure your wife still loves you...enough :) good luck with the next therapy session.

    i can see it now--"how did that extra 140 dollars make you feel?"

    ReplyDelete