Saturday, October 20

LG makes his transition...

We're trying to get LG to not eat at 3 or 4 am. So far he's doing really well with it.

3 am: He is crying a little, so I went in there and gently shooshed him, patted his belly, and rearranged his blankets. Then I left. He has hardly made a peep since. Hope this keeps up. I think he got my sleep genes, which dictate that one shall fall asleep easily whenever remotely possible.

4:30 am: crying a lot more...he had fallen asleep again (I think), but maybe he felt tricked and now he's letting us know about it.

5:40 am: woke up crying again. I went in to check on him and he was lying on his stomach with his baby butt up in the air. I turned him over to his stomach, which he DID NOT like and proceeded to cry even harder. I left the room and he cried for a few more minutes and then fell asleep again.

6:?? am: woke up again, this time N got up and fed him. He made it past 6!

9:30 am: I woke up again, and Mom and baby are both asleep.

10:00 am: Baby is awake now, and he still loves me, amazingly.

5 comments:

  1. Just looking at LG's pics again and saw something that disturbed me a little...I think y'all are great parents, and so it's worrisome that on October 8 you dressed him in a Dallas Cowboys hoodie. I blame myself really. I should have made sure before now that he has adequate Green Bay Packers or Seattle Seahawks apparel or...well, ANYthing but the Cowpies. (or any other team from Texas).

    ReplyDelete
  2. About that... We strongly encouraged him not to spend his allowance on such tomfoolery, but it was his choice. : )

    I'm a Niners fan myself, but he wouldn't listen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, LG is so cute that whatever he wears, it looks cute on him. So cute, in fact, that I completely overlooked the fact that the hoodie was also blue, somewhat the color of that school to the south that we all love to disparage. His natural cuteness just shines through and you don't see anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I kinda want to bite him. But I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can bite him when you're better, as long as it's just a nibble.

    (well, you might have to ask permission from his parents)

    ReplyDelete