Saturday, June 2

Little Bug Finds His Lungs

L has decided that he can make a lot more noise than previously known, and he likes to demonstrate that for us. Often during the day he goes from completely asleep to screaming an about a third of a second. It's usually because he's hungry. Yesterday he ate at a Guinness obesity record-shattering rate of about every 1 1/2 to two hours. I think he has a four chin goal. It's not all ear-shattering though--he's started smiling a little and making cute non-primal-screaming sounds.

N still gets up with him in the night, and then when he wakes up in the morning she rubs my back until I wake up to take care of him. Often I'll be dreaming or something and suddenly I'm getting a back rub. I think to myself, wow, this is nice, and then as I wake up I realize she's just trying to "gently" let me know that it's my turn. : ) She's a great partner and she has a lot more patience with L than I do. Often when he is fussy I find myself telling him to "cowboy up!" but he doesn't seem to pay much attention to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment